I make these every year for Halloween to add to my chili. I don't put the cheese slice in there, just use cheese hotdogs instead.
This is the recipe however on Pillsbury's site. They have a lot of great recipes!
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count) or 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Dough Sheet
- 2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
- 10 Oscar Mayer™ beef hot dogs
- Cooking spray
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- 3With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- 4Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face." On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- 5Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on "face."These are just that easy to make! I love to set them into a bowl of chili, leaning up on the side so you can dunk it into the delicious chili!