Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Happy Halloween and Blessed Samhuinn 2021

So an update on what has been happening on my end...

The past few years has been a crazy ride! Do you all remember Gladys Kravitz? Yeaaaa I ended up with a neighbor just like that! Thankfully a lot of my spooky decorations kept her off the property, that and a few other measures I had to take. I lived way out in the boonies and had no trick or treaters beyond my friends I had made while living there. So it was only their family of 5 or 7 that came up to start their Halloween night with. It was really nice and I had kept my Haunted Cave up in one of the garages all year round.

With my son needing closer medical attention however, we decided to sell the house. Plus of course we didn't need the drama of the crazies on the road and realized it was a huge mistake to buy a place at the end of a private road that was also a right of way. (More on that on another blog! LOL, ask me if you want that url). Plus being in the mountains of Maine, you really do need the proper equipment to plow. There just isn't any way around that one! LOL I don't like relying on others but that's what I had to do.

A lot of other changes took place with work and all too. So after a change in realtors, we were able to sell the house earlier this year! YAY! 

We moved all of our things into several storage units. Yes, including the Halloween decorations like I mentioned in my last blog post.

I am in an apt building now so not really much I can do to decorate. I did get permission to decorate in front of it but of course I had to be careful of what I did and didn't want to leave it out there and all. I was told there was not much trick or treating here. :( So sad!

They do a trunk or treat kind of thing out in the field across from the building I am in and that happened the day before Halloween. Sooo sad!!

 I was still out there tho' and only saw a few others who live in the apt but no ToTs! :(

This was a metal scarecrow from Plow and Hearth! I love him! He just screws together, no nuts or bolts! Love it! There is a place inside his head to put a light so may just work on a solar one for him there. I could tell he needed to have a spotlight tho' on him at night.

I found a Madame Leota crystal ball that is animated. This is not as big as I would have liked it to be but it was motion activated and worked quite well with a few good phrases. Also that lighted bowl on the right is amazing! One of those fire and ice type of swirling lights inside it making it glow so bright! Plus the candle there is a tornado glitter swirling one that is very bright as well! It swirls for 8 seconds, then off for 8, on again 8.
To the left on the table are a couple of witch gnomes whose beards light up. :) I also picked up the skeleton hands in the ground and they also have lights on them. The blow up cauldron for water bottles to hand out. And of course the ghost witches hanging up have battery operated lights. It was cute and fun!
Now the Jack you see also had these cute light up eyes. I carved him as the 31st Jack O'Lantern for the Great Pumpkin Project! Here is more info on that:

https://www.thegreatpumpkinproject.com/

I took that on this month and it was quite a challenge! I was not prepared and started off a week late. 
So I was playing catch up, but it was so much fun to do! 

Last year, I did the Gourdy's Pumpkin Run: https://www.gourdyspumpkinrun.com/

That was a blast as I ran the mile trail in the woods I owned. So that was amazing and you get medals and all when you sign up and I would reward myself with those as I completed each run I had signed up for. I also had apple cider and apple cider donuts waiting for me when I completed the run. 

 


Very sad tho' to not get any trick or treaters! But the candy will get sent to a friend's daughter who will take it to her college dorm. :)

All the novelties that were part of the giveaways will just get put into a bin for next year's giveaways where I hope to be in a new home! :) We can hope! But the search now is on for that place to call my own. 

I did get to spend some time with other Druid friends and we had a great Samhuinn ritual! I played the Callieach which is a favorite role to play! We wrote what we wished to let go of on bay leaves to be burned as we let go of those things in our lives that no longer serve us. Honored the ancestors and called out to those family and friends who have departed this realm as they are remembered and missed greatly.  And then the feasting began! :) Afterwards there was a late night divination with my tarot cards. It was a lovely time spent with dear Druid friends old and new alike. For me, it's not over either. I celebrate Samhuinn all week long all the way to the astrological time for Samhuinn, when the Sun is at the 15th degree of Scorpio which is November 4th this year. 

I hope you all had a great Halloween and blessed Samhuinn!

 /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment