Sunday, April 28, 2013

Scarefest, Lexington, Kentucky--Sept 2012

As a huge Halloween enthusiast, I could not pass up a trip to Scarefest last September!










My daughter Madalyn and her bf Trey went with me, flying up to Louisville and then renting a car to drive over to Lexington, to the convention center.



We had signed up late and so got a hotel down the street from the convention center at the Holiday Inn for free with frequent stay points.












I had purchased T-shirts for each of us that we picked up at registration. The line to get in was so long, it went through the mall all the way down to the bathrooms! Yikes!


I had wanted to go so I could meet a few celebrities like Josh Gates and Kane Hodder and the great actor Malcolm McDowell but Kane and Malcolm both had to cancel.

There were quite a few people there that I knew from the paranormal events like Aaron Goodwin, Nick Groff, Chris Fleming, Dave Schrader, Patrick Burns and Marley and several others.





















I got to meet some of the crew from Ghost Hunters International as well!

 
 
A highlight for my daughter was meeting Tyler Mane and for Trey it was Derek Mears.






















We got autographs and Madz got herself fitted for vampire fangs at The Pumpkin Teeth booth. If you haven't checked out the Pumpkin Teeth, you really should as they are awesome to place in your jack o'lanterns!

I saw some friends there too that I knew from the paranormal events, Michele and Stacey! Great to see you both and got to chat and catch up as I haven't gone to a paranormal event for a while.

One of the great vendors there was Potters Field Creations! Check out their booth in this pic! Their tombstones were amazing!! 
 
 
There were alot of really great vendors at Scarefest! Some very creepy costumes and props! This was my first Horror/Paranormal type of event that combined both of my loves! It was fantastic!
 
 As you can see, there were many people who were dressed in some of our favorite characters from the movies and we just had to get a snapshot of some of them!
 
 
 




Many wild and crazy fans were there at Scarefest like this fellow in the pic below all decked out in Scarefest theme! He was kind enough to pose for a pic for me as he was passing by!
 
One of the sad things tho' at Scarefest was that you were not allowed to take pics of the celebrities when you walked by. :( I didn't know that and had gotten a few shots taken before they began to fuss. Most were wanting you to buy their autographed pics for like $10 and then you could get a pic taken with them. :( I can understand to a point but still found it a bit off-putting and sad. But we got over it.

I still have to say tho', that Aaron Goodwin from Ghost Adventures is one of the most down-to-earth and genuinely nice guys you ever wanna meet! He thinks nothing of stopping to take a pic with his fans and it was great to see him again and to introduce my daughter and Trey to him! Isn't his latest T-shirt cool!? I had to get that one along with a skeleton big-steppin one that you can see the skeleton there in the background amongst Aaron's artwork. His one artist friend was there too! Just amazing work!
 
 
 

 
 
 




I have to say tho', Scarefest was a blast! Madz and Trey want to return this year if they are able to!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment