Sunday, October 28, 2012

Even more Tombstones & Props!

I've been busy keeping an eye out for really good deals on the internet for tombstones. I have been wanting to really fill out my graveyard this year and so I went completely bonkers in buying unique tombstones that I don't normally see as well as those that I just really liked alot and would not cost me an arm and a leg.
I've made my own several years ago but they are starting to show age and wear and tear and many will have to be remade. I am already reinforcing them with wooden stakes as well as adhering pvc piping in the backs of them all using Great Stuff to hold the pipe or the stake to the styrofoam. That has always been a struggle as I used to just wire them to a garden stake but the floral garden wire cuts into the styrofoam. I've also used zip-ties and those were ok but again, they would just compress and cut through the styrofoam.

Once I learned about Great Stuff, I began to use that and so far, it's working out well!

But until I can get into making my own some more, I picked up more new ones this year as well as some of the cemetary kits:


Now that cemetary pic just above, is ok. I liked the design on the tombstones but they were all plastic and with no way that I could see to get them to stay up on the ground. Unless I was missing something, I knew there was no way they would hold up to the strong Texas wind I get ripping across my cemetary. So these got Great Stuffed with wooden stakes. The skulls and hands and feet were ok, nothing to write home about. I'll use them but they were disappointing.

I picked up some dangling jack o'lantern lights from ebay. These looked really cute like that and blowing in the breezes and I was looking for more of them. They hooked right on up onto the gutter with gutter hooks and I thought looked really cute out back!

This cute, lighted spider I got from Walmart. He has these great spirals cut-outs on his body and I really liked him alot...until....I went to take him out of the box!! OMG! This was a bit of a nightmare to put together and keep together. I might have gotten a broken one but it seemed the legs did not match up to the slots at all and while trying to put it together, it broke. We managed to get the couple of odd legs tied to the body and one of the legs hangs up in the air and it really has a great look! Nice price, great idea, poor tech/ease of putting together.

Garage door magnets are the best! I picked up two different sets and I really like these alot! It helps to decorate the large metal garage door and I can move them around as I wish to and they have no issues with the rain nor the wind. Perfect and fairly large enough to cover a 2 car garage door so it looks nice, not bare and not too cluttered. Love it! I got these from Collections Etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment