Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween 2013!

Well Halloween has come and gone! September flew by so fast and it's hard to believe that this year is almost over! Time is flying by! I have wanted to really work on my tombstones and what with trips and recovering from said trips, it's been difficult to get the time. 

Some updates from this past season:

I had found about all of the dvds for the window projections and converted them all and had put together a couple playlists, one for the month of October and the other for Halloween night itself.

We had gotten the window peepers up and set up the light with a timer so they are illuminated for a few hours a night in the garage. I also set out the new zombie pathway markers but they won't get turned on until Halloween night. They play several sounds when motion or sound activated! I really love them with flashing LED light eyes. I wish I could select which sound I would like to play for they have one that has a blackbird cawing! It sounds the most eerie!



 We also put up the porch light covers, just the scary jack o' Lanterns. I noticed they are fading in our brutal Texas sun! :( I'll have to see about repainting them over at the end of the season or if I can find some time for them this year. That's the biggest problem with the plastic and blowmold stuff, is the sun fading them out. Speaking of, I did pick up a few new blowmold ghosts for the backyard from ebay. Which reminds me that I really need to hit the garage sales for better deals as ebay tends to be more expensive. It's fun to win  the auctions tho' as you sit and wait for the seconds to tick by, fingers ready at the keys to quickly put in the highest bid as your pulse races and your heart gets up into your throat! And then the elation and thrill of winning! Haha! And yet, you can have the thrill of winning in a garage sale or flea market when you pay 1/3 of the price! LMAO! Not the same but feels better in the wallet! ;)

Pics of the front graveyard:





















The new flying witch, really flying in the wind!:




The circle of ghosts with white pumpkin heads and we had decided to spiderweb the graveyard!:


















Can see the creepy "Time" piece I had won from the Davis Family all day workshop at last year's Hauntcon!:


Entrance to the Haunted Cave being prepared:
 The Front being put up:


At night with an eerie green glow...



 The side graveyard with the more 'fun' kind of tombstones:







The front where the Halloween vid projections are shown:


The Egyptian area with thrashing mummy and striking snake:


The entrance of the Haunted Cave with the sticker cockroaches and the rubber ones sprinkled over them to make it look real...many kids would not enter just because of these!!


The skull pile in the back was from A Corpse Maker who made the skull panels that are on the floor there. I added some loose bones on top of it for effect and some spooky material...


This is the cauldron creep on the left and a full skeleton shackled to the wall on the right.


Along the wall of the entrance corridor, is the swamp creature and more skeleton torsos hanging:


This is a creepy kinda guy that we made up in a makeshift open coffin complete with rats and some strobe lights on him....


Looking from the entrance about half-way thru, can see the hanging coffins and all sorts of ghoulish and creepy things:

More notes from this year:

We put up most of the Halloween decorations. We'll get the fence put together and will fill in with some of the tombstones however, I have to spray paint the backs with the Great Stuff all gray. As I redo a tombstone, I will just remove it and reattach a new back or front after scraping off the Great Stuff and using Gorilla Glue and water to get it adhered on. If I don't get them all done as I realized there are ALOT more of them that I did this to last year, then I will be holding them over in the garage and working on them over the winter and as I finish them, we'll place them into storage.

This is the first Halloween that I won't be flying off somewhere on November 1st in 2 years. So I will be able to organize everything into boxes a lot better than before which is important to do for next year so you are not wondering where everything is at. Plus, this year, I have to sort thru what I do have, save for some items for a garage sale next spring if I am still here. I also need to pack things well as we are hoping to sell the house and be out of here next spring. :)

I did get the poster from Midnight Syndicate! I will be displaying it outside the Haunted Cave on Halloween night on my Home Interior's board. I'll cover it with a black sheet or the garden material and then pin the poster on. It looks great! If you have not listened to one of their cds yet, you really should! The latest is a tribute and bears the title: Monsters of Legend. It is really great so be sure and check it out!





I did alot of updates on Facebook, so if you haven't yet done so, please do add me on as a friend there! I have most of the pics up over there as well as a short clip of the Cauldron Creep! Lloyd, who helped me to build him and did most of the mechanics for it, will be writing a blog piece on how he built it and I'll share it with everyone here! :)

For now, here is a short clip of the Cauldron Creep we built:




No comments:

Post a Comment