Friday, October 17, 2014

Hostel

I finally watched this movie last night. I had heard about it and wanted to see what it was about or how it went.

I don't like to post negative things on here, but as I am starting to watch some of the horror movies and wanted to post my opinion on them, now and then, I am going to run across what I feel is a bomb.

This is a Quentin Tarantino movie. I am not a huge fan.

I found the start to be very bizarre and creepy and it didn't seem to make sense until towards the end and then it does as to what you were seeing.

This is set at the start in Amsterdam about three backpackers, two from America and one from Iceland I believe he was. The thing is, they never really do any backpacking at all. It's just about these three guys wandering Europe on a train with a backpack on their back and going to a hostel to which they get more than what they bargained for.


(Warning! Spoiler as to what is going on written below)

Just what were they bargaining for? Sex. Pure and simple that's what it was they were looking for. They end up stumbling right into a black market/set up for torture and murder, blood and gore.

So yup, lots of gratuitious sex, female nudity, drugs and violence and bad language. This is definitely for mature audiences and not something you want your kids watching. It lingers a bit on the SAW type of movies, lots of blood and gore and nasty stuff that can turn your stomach.

Objectifying women, homophobe...yadda yadda you get the picture, or hopefully you avoid this one unless you just want to see lots of this sort of thing.

It nearly felt like it was geared for the bachelor party, if someone was to have one around this time of year or who likes the horror, blood and gore type of thing.

Of course like most Tarantino's movies, a bit of a twist and I thought the kid mob looking for gum was the quirky fun part of the movie.

It takes a while to get to the horror parts but once it starts, it's hardcore all the way.
I have to say I expected them all to die, but no, we had a hero escape and exact revenge. 

This one was just not my cup of tea.

So I'd give this one like a 1 GP rating out of 5. I did like the suspense apsects but other than that? Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment