Sunday, March 12, 2017

America's Most Haunted Village - 1: Amityville House

Leave it to the Bradford Exchange to once again put something out that caught my eye! 


Illuminated village houses of America's Most Haunted places! I was so excited to see these. I just started to collect them and wanted to share these with you so you can see how they look closer up. 
I am not lighting them up for the pics but you can see the detail in each one as I get them. I'll be showcasing them and including a bit of information on these locations. 








 
The Amityville House

I first read the book, The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson when I was a kid and I found it quite scary of a read. 
This book is based on a true story of a family who moved into this house in Amityville, NY on 112 Ocean Ave and all the creepy things that happened leading to the murders that occured. In the movie, the address was changed to 412 to confuse tourists. Believe it or not but as of last year, this house was for sale and a brave soul purchased it in November 2016.

http://pix11.com/2016/11/18/fearless-person-purchases-lis-amityville-horror-house/ 

The house looks a bit different now as the iconic windows have been changed. But the basic shape and look of it remains.

When you do a search on this house and the story and murders that occured, you will get a lot of results.  Here is just one of the many:

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/

I saw the movie as well and it was just as scary when it came out. It starred James Brolin and Margot Kidder and Rod Steiger. I'll do a review on that movie another time.

Some of the history can be found here:

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/amityvillehorror1979.php

 One of the classic horror novels and movies and location. I haven't visited this place yet but perhaps next time I am in that area, I'll snap a few pics.

You can find these houses at The Bradford Exchange:

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/917976_americas-most-haunted-village-collection.html 

Don't forget that if you'd rather not have your cc billed automatically, be sure and call them for payments at:

 1-866-285-1736

*Bugs n Hisses*

GP





No comments:

Post a Comment