Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Can you believe it?

It's already 40 days til Halloween!! So much to do and so little time left!!
I am also having a Creepy 18th Birthday Party for my daughter as her birthday is in the middle of October and I will already have most of my Halloween decorations up. So that means that I have to decorate the inside of the house as well! Normally, the inside of my house is trashed with all the Halloween containers and whatnot that did not get outside or utilized, plus all the Halloween candy that needs to be kept cool so it does not all melt in the garage under our afternoon sun that bakes things in there. But this year, I'll have to hide all that and decorate my rooms inside the house.


I've already put up some plastic signs on some of the doors inside the house using the DO NOT ENTER black tape with eerie green lettering. Plus, other signs that say Enter At Your Own Risk or Danger and things like that. I am using them to help block off some rooms that I don't want the kids to go wandering into during the party. Some doors will have full door covers to change it up. So far, it looks pretty cool! We've hung some of the shrunken heads in the kitchen, not all of them as I have a nice big collection of them since last Halloween when I first started to collect them just after the holiday was over. I'll see about getting some pictures up so you can take a peek!


Most of the decorating will wait until after I return from an extended weekend trip. The big decorating won't begin until October 1st as that is when I can put things up outside.


Early preparations for Halloween include bagging the candy. All candy gets put into a ziplock bag so that each person gets the same amount as well as it helps me to keep track of how many kids have come by. Last year, I had 253 kids come thru my haunted cave!! Amazing! I also give away a bunch of other things for the smaller kids like glow bracelets, Halloween bubbles, little stuffed animals and stuff like that. We also have bottled water and cookies and cupcakes.
This year should be even better than last year with the new props and decorations I will have up!  One year we did a Haunted Cafe complete with mummy dogs and chili and pumpkin pie with Cool Whip. But it made the inside of the garage, where we had it, smell funky, plus, it was a bit too chaotic so we did not open that again for everyone in our neighborhood. We do still make the chili however for ourselves and I'll be putting up the recipe here for you all.


How to make the Haunted Cave? Well, here is a slide show my son made of how some of it was put together. Hope you all enjoy it!




We'll be making another one for this year with clearer pics and more detailed how-to's!

No comments:

Post a Comment