Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Almost October!

This is going to be a huge busy, busy time for me!
I've been shopping and starting to decorate already as I mentioned, I have to decorate the inside of the house along with the outside! WHEW! Big job!

So to start with, I am going to bring in all the containers of Halloween decorations from the garage. I have a few of them inside now and ordered some fantastic little things from Oriental Trading Company to include in the Trick or Treat bags. I also ordered some of the Zombie items from Party City for my daughter's birthday including, an eyeball pinata! I'll see about pics here for you but it looks great!
I am starting to move some Halloween items I had stored in my office out into the house. I brought out all the lenticular pictures that I had been buying all year long and have moved them upstairs. I was going to line the stairwell with them but I realized since these are the bigger pics, it would look better to line the walls with them upstairs in that one large room that we are not really using. Sort of like a gallery! I am looking forward to seeing that room set up and it should be pretty easy to do. I'll be looking for a fake organ cardboard set up to prop around the small Casio keyboard I have on a stand up there just for effect.

The zombie silhouettes went up on the garage door windows, two of them a couple nights ago. They usually come with some double sided tape but I forgo these and instead, I use velcro so I can attach and reattach each year! I purchased a roll of velcro from Walmart and just snip off what I need, matching the two sides together so you don't have one large piece sticking to a tiny bit.
Then, I just leave the little velcro pieces up on the top inner windows as it can't be seen and then just take down and put up as I need to. The fuzzy side is what gets put on the windows and the curled-comb-teeth side is on the plastic sheet of the zombie silhouettes. I normally use the ghosts here but I decided to change it up! They are not as long as my windows so I got some black construction paper and taped that to the bottoms so it does not look too odd. Turn on the garage light and you can see them glow and the effect is pretty good! I am thinking of cutting that black paper to a few tombstone type of silhouette so it's not just this black block at the bottom....ooooooOOooo eh?

My daughter got the idea to theme each room. I had been thinking that too and so she wanted to put spiderwebs up in the dining area that is an empty room right now. So I added to that idea with changing the bulbs with black light ones and then using all sorts of different colored spider webbing above it! We'll add a bunch of spiders all over it and that room will be about done!
I've already added a black square table here too, that I'll put the few Halloween houses I do have onto it for a little display and I'll add the small stereo also for our party music.

The kitchen will be all witch and laboratory/potions and shrunken heads area. The living room, we are thinking vampire theme but I am not sure how much decor I have for vampires. The entranceway will have some ravens and crows, the stairwell is snakes with the bust of Medusa that I just purchased from Grandin Road on the table at the bottom but I may move her along with the table to the middle landing so you can see her better.

So lots to take care of yet!

Outside this weekend, we are going to put up the Halloween inflatable train in the backyard that we picked up from Seventh Avenue! WOW! From the pics, it really looks great! It is measured at 17' feet long! I haven't opened it up yet but we'll be doing that this Saturday. Also, the car comes out of the garage and the gazebo gets put up and then we work on the Hallowindow! That will be in the front room so we won't have to worry about the haunted cave inside the garage becoming an issue with the projector.  3 big things! Going to be one busy, busy month!

I am going to start to make some more Halloween lanterns too for the garden out of the glass jars and tissue paper. Forget where I saw this unique crafty idea but I think it was in Martha Stewart's Living magazine. I did decide to cancel all those subscriptions for those magazines too and just purchase what I want when I see them. Much cheaper that way, especially with most of them I just want the Halloween issues.

Next up, we'll have to figure out the menu, aside from the pizza and soda. I have to figure out what I am making and when to make it all.

All the above aside, Eric from DFW Friends of Halloween is going to be keeping me busy with all the walk-thrus of the local haunts! We have so many local haunts here in the DFW area, it's just incredible! I missed Haunt House AGAIN! Grrr!! But I will be down at Screams this Friday night for sure. Saturday is supposed to be at Reindeer Manor and Necropolis I think it is, both of which I have not seen  yet so it's gonna be hairy getting to them and fitting them in!

Creepily,

Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment