Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Moxley Manor Haunted House

Before I get into posting of my own set-up for Halloween and the big Creepy 18th Birthday Party for my daughter, I wanted to talk of Moxley Manor over in Bedford, TX.


Check out their site: Moxley Manor


This local haunt started out last year, and being a member of the DFW Friends of Halloween over on meetup.com, I was able to get a behind the scenes tour of many of the local haunts, including Moxley Manor.


Moxley Manor on Facebook


Last year they were pretty good just starting out, I could tell they had some really great innovative and creative ideas for rooms and areas within the haunt. Part of taking the tours, gave me lots of ideas for my own place so I thoroughly enjoy seeing what others do.


I met the owner of Moxley Manor last year and everyone was so very friendly! This was one of my first few behind the scenes tours. It's located in one of those small shopping center kinda of places and I know, you'd think that might be an odd place but it's really not. I was so pleasantly surprised when I took the tour in there and saw all that they could do with the space and how much larger it is when you get inside. Much like other haunts that have taken over abandoned stores or malls like the Boneyard, turning them into something fun and even helping the local area and community out by bringing more people and money into what would have otherwise been a desolate and empty part of town.


Moxley Manor is located off of Hardwood in Bedford and there is a 7/11 just a block away that you can see from there. Isis, the bellydance studio is in the same shopping center, they are the bellydancers that perform at the Renaissance Faire, Scarborough, in Waxahachie during the springtime.


Our meetup group went back to Moxley later on for their Nightscare Before Christmas. Yessss, after Halloween, they changed up their haunt to make it a creepy Christmas haunt!! Wow! Talk about neat and what a great idea! Scary elves and Santas and weird Christmas music, it was just a blast!! They opened again for Valentine's Day and you'd be surprised how many couples came out there! Friday the 13ths, they were open and then during the summer, they opened up their doors again once a month or so for the kids to have fun....


All the while....they were changing things and improving things and trying new things out! I started to see the differences from each time I was there and I'd get turned around again and again! It was wild! I started to go out there more and more and my daughter went and took her friends for the Xmas theme and Friday the 13th. It was a blast! And then, we got to talk to the owner and my daughter and her friend are now volunteering there and having so much fun doing so!


As this year's Halloween season came closer, I saw alot more changes for Moxley Manor including the facade outside their doors. Inside, it was nothing like last year! Somethings remained but alot has changed and it's just unbelievable! The actors really got into their roles and didn't break them, the lines to get in keep getting longer and longer and I can so see why!


Since I am the ride for my daughter and her friend there, I began to just hang about and then eventually just jumped in to help out too with the front ticketing and entrance area. I got to see first hand how things got set up and people being let in and the rules read. The best part of it for me is to see the people lined up and all excited to get in and getting scared! Some of them would talk big and brave until they were let in and started down the hall to go into the darkness that awaited them. Oh then they were looking for someone else in their group to lead the way!! It was hysterical! Even better was to see some of them come running out at full speed from the exit of the haunt from being chased by the chainsaw guy!! I saw two guys take off across the parking lot and kept on going and never stopped!!


The shrilling screams of fear can be heard echoing all the way down to the 7/11!! People who stopped there to get gas were wondering where the screams were coming from and what was happening? They soon found out when they went down the street and came to Moxley Manor!


The owners, Richard and Rachel are great people as are the others who volunteer here. If you haven't come out, don't miss it! This is a great haunt that just keeps getting creepier and creepier!


I spoke to two girls last night that said they chickened out from going inside the haunt from just watching the video on Moxley Manor's site, check it out:

Gotta love it!

Now, something else...a theory of mine is that when you take props from old homes and places and you place them into a haunt and add in all the intense emotions of people screaming, running, shaking, and quaking in fear, it stirs things up! Spirits are all around us, some attaching themselves it is said to different items and when you add in all these charged up emotions by so many people, it is not surprising to start to feel a change and things may start to happen.
Hogwash? Umm no! Ripley's Believe it or Not? Perhaps!

PSI, Paranormal Society Investigators, a local paranormal ghost hunting team, investigated Moxley Manor this past summer! Check out their site and take a peek at what evidence they were able to capture!

Way to go Moxley Manor! Thank you for a great, creepy haunt! It's been a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment