Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tangy Green Key Lime Margarita Pie!

I know I haven't posted in a while and I need to catch up on quite a few blog posts, a special one is coming too of another who has this amazing set up for their Halloween Village!

But!

Before I do post on that, I wanted to share this wicked green, tangy and most delicious dessert with you! Green of course reminds me of Halloween or even St. Patrick's Day, this is a great dessert for either and especially in the heat of the summer which will be coming soon I am sure!

I got this recipe from Kraft. It's called: Key Lime Margarita Pie. And get this, it's without the alcohol! But it tastes just as great and just like a key lime margarita!

I think it's the crushed pretzels that really sets this off but make it and you decide! :)


Key Lime Margarita Pie

Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 6 hr 15 mins
Servings: 10


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice
1 env. Kool-Aid Lemon/Lime Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided.



Mix pretzel crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom and up side of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
Mix next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk in 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip; pour into crust.
Freeze 6 hours. Remove from freezer 15 mins before serving; let stand at room temperature until slightly softened.
Top with remaining Cool Whip.

I have to say, this one is really delicious!! It's a favorite at my house at any time of the year!
I hope you all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment