Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Props Won at Ocean City, MD!!

During vacation to Ocean City, MD, I was down on the boardwalk in the arcade playing those coin slide games. I am pretty good at it as is my daughter and my mother was too. All a matter of timing! Most times we go to Jersey to the shore there and in their arcades they have tons of things you can win with all the tickets you get from the arcade so I never really go looking for things of what I want as there is always something, but I do like to try the new coin slides.



Last year, I won this cool spider figurine!

So this year, I spotted a new coin slide machine, The Wizard of Oz!! I love the Wizard of Oz! Of course, I had to play it. The trick to this one is to slide the playing cards that had the characters from the movie on it and get them to fall along with special large coins aside from the smaller tokens that your quarter got changed to. If you were able to get all 7 of the Wizard of Oz character cards, you got a bonus of 5,000 points. I was able to do so and then I began to look throughout the arcade to see what I would like for the 19,090 points I had accumulated along with what the kids were able to get here or there.
I looked around and realized they did not have near as much for purchase as Jersey did. I finally found this cool looking skull and bones lamp but I kept thinking about if I would really use it? Aside from Halloween no...and it wouldn't really fit with my setup either. So eventually, I found the jackpot! Heh heh...I found a whole display case full of Halloween props!! WOO HOO! I was in heaven! It was very high however and I could not see into the case too well nor see how many points it cost for each item. I got the manager however and we found a list they had made and the lady went upstairs to see what she had up there to offer me and anything else that might not be in the cage once she found out about my setup and how much I adore Halloween!


I was able to get a large foam rubber python type snake, a foam rubber black raven, a foam rubber big toad, two chains with small skulls hanging from them and 3 smaller snakes plus a few little trinkets for my daughter and son.



It was really cool and I had an absolute blast!



We also went thru the haunted house and captured some video of it but it is really hard to see it as it was so very dark in there and I didn't have an IR camera. :( It was one of those that was a ride and it was well done! Definitely worth going in!
These snakes are alot smaller than that first one. The first one is very thick and that rubber foam type of stuff. I love it!
Below you can see how long that chain is, about 5ft and there is a close up of the skulls.



I am not too sure where I want to put those chains with the skulls at but I got two of them and I look forward to putting together this year's setup!! :)

More reviews to come!! You won't believe the shrunken heads I've picked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment